The ultimate objective for most small business owners is to create a legacy of wealth for themselves, their families and their partners, often through the sale of the business. Unfortunately, this objective is elusive for the vast majority of business owners:
- Of the businesses offered for sale, 70% – 80% don’t sell.
- Of the businesses that are sold, 75% of the owners regretted the decision.
Among the reasons for this are the following:
- A lack of understanding of the drivers of valuable enterprises.
- A lack of appreciation of the time it takes to have a successful exit from the business.
- A lack of clarity of the options to realize the value of the business.
- A lack of planning for the business exit and its aftermath.
We assist business owners and their leadership teams in understanding how enterprise value is created and the best options for the realization of that value.